- Removing F8 for start-up options (useful sometimes to get into safe mode when you can’t log in normally)
- Forcing windows updates on users and removing the ability to say “not now” (Windows 10)
- Treating all users like copyright thieves, so making it easier to use cracked copies of Windows than genuine copies.
- Preventing reinstallation of Windows from generic DVDs /USB sticks. If your hard drive fails, and you didn’t make a recovery drive, you’re screwed.
- Assuming everyone wants to use touch screen devices and abandoning the core historic user base of mouse and keyboard users.
- Removing useful information such as error messages and assuming all users are confused by such information.
- Generally treating the user base as either stupid or criminal.
- Trying to copy Apple and Google instead of being innovative and creative, and then not even getting that right.